11 Small & Big Things I Thank God for 2011 and 12 Things I Wish God will give us in 2012

11 Small & Big Things I Thank God for 2011 and 12 Things I Wish God will give us 2012

The Astro Family of Lemoore is so thankful as usual - almost every year, there are so many things we want to thank for - a joy for us, a blessing and grace from God, our Father, here are just 11 of them that we can randomly think of:

1. Sam excelling in every level of school: reading, writing & sports. Thank you my Lord for my son’s talent & gift.

2. Myla for staying strong inspite of her dad’s emergency situation. Tatay (Father in Law) has been struck by Alzheimer's and recent health failure that Myla has to be with him for a month for what we thought would be his last days. Thank you my Savior for endurance of Myla and her family.

3. Gaining momentum in our MVOSS Creations Business inspite of this sagging economy and tough competition we were able to be on the black. Thank You Father for opening doors for us and guiding us in managing and running all aspect of the business.

4. Passing every physical training in the Navy. In spite of my addiction to rice (there you go I said it, I am a Riceoholic) I was able to maintain the weight standard required for my duty. Thank you my Provider.

5. Mom finally got settled to her new and better home. 300 miles away from her nearest relative & son - alone in a nursing home is a tough call for us to manage. Finally getting her Medicare and Social Security back is a great praise. Thank you Father for giving us our needs.

6. Dad surviving a medical miracle. Papa can finally walk again at age 84 and do most of the things he use to do. This is only possible because of intensive prayer and the people around him patiently taking good care of him the past 2 years since he have that health failure and went back to health. Thank you my Heavenly God for the miracle.

7. Phoenix, Oahu - Hawaii, San Francisco, Dallas, Los Angeles and other road trips. For 7 years now we have the traditional annual road trip and monthly getaway that continues to prove that God’s playground is all around us and we just need to find the time and set our priorities straight - we only live once and we must capture the beautiful around us. Thank you Jesus for giving us time & opportunity to travel.


8. Healthy prostrate, heart & allergy free. Though some medication can help ease some of the pain, a doctor’s visit confirm that I am physically healthy and hopefully will continue to be with right attitude, right diet and right lifestyle. Thank you my Savior for lifting me up from all the discomfort and pain.

9. Debt settled, free from bondage. With a drastic lifestyle change, cutting back on some unnecessary expenses, shopping at thrift stores, recycling, and more we can live comfortably without resorting to many wants & tempting luxuries. Thank you my Provider for your grace and humbling us with your wisdom and total control of our life.

10. Daisy. Ever since we adopted this Terrier-Dachshund mutt chihuahua looking dog - we never look back and she became a big part of our human family. We never had a pet because we love to travel and we thought we will have to change our lifestyle - we did not. Instead Daisy joined our lifestyle and travels (except Hawaii). Thank you my Counselor for the comfort and joy that you gave us through Daisy.

11. Local Community. Not only the Navy community and housing gave us convenience but able to contribute or volunteer our time with the community. My Eternal Father, thank you for giving us opportunities to serve you and your people and giving us a great community.



In my 12 wishes, I would like to be practical and realistic instead of world peace or saving the world, in no particular order, we ask our Father for the following in 2012:

1. Perfect location Next Year. Negotiating for orders takes skill and luck, today I applied for Instructor duty in San Diego although I am 3 months early on my window. We love Lemoore, but the Navy have to take us some place else, hopefully get a place were we can live permanently and at the same time a good place to educate Sam and establish my new career and Myla’s business: East, West or Overseas - we leave it all to my Provider (just like we did from Connecticut to California - 3 years ago).

2. New MVOSS Business Equipment and more plus in our business with new clients

3. Up surge of profit and contribute to employment in South Valley and future locations.

4. An excellent health

5. 10 pounds less

6. European Tour

7. Overseas duty

8. Complete my 1st Dissertation

9. Certificate Credentials

10. 10,000 Likes on my Navy Career Wise Facebook Page

11. Better Apps & Gadgets: GPS, Tablet & Computer (hint, hint)

12. A Bike


0 Comments