Just Saying: On Homosexuality and Recent Supreme Court Allowing Marriage of Same Sex

Just saying:
Growing up in the Philippines, I was surrounded with many so called "gay" or "transvestite" - I have nothing against them and I love them like anyone else. I would rather hangout with them than the self-righteous (but I love them too).

  • - If equality in marriage is one way of showing them love - I wholeheartedly support it. God wants us to obey the law, even human's law - and now this.
  • - If my fellow brothers and sisters says "to love the sinner and not the sin" - it is only half-love so it's not really love because you implied he is sinning forever and cannot change.
  • - If my fellow brothers and sisters think that I have been influenced by the worldly views, I leave that to the one who created us, them.
  • - If my fellow brothers and sisters thinks that I support immorality, who are you to judge (Did I just judge?)
  • - If my fellow brothers and sisters says you don't have to express your sentiments and just keep it down, I have not express love and openness like the One who really LOVE the loss and so called sinners.
  • - If my fellow brothers and sisters says there are 7 Verses in the Bible that condemns Homosexuality, read these first:
    • "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." --Romans 13:8-10
    • "As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." --Colossians 3:11-13
    • "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices -- mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law -- justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. --Matthew 23:22-24
    • "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." --John 8:7
My views did not change even after I was "born again" because I know Jesus protects, blesses and loves both the weak and the strong. The white and the black. The poor and the rich. Even the worst of them and harder for me to love: the Hypocrites, the Proud, the repeat Sinners, the Self-Righteous. Even those who thinks the World is about to end (are they God, that they know it's ending).

Just saying:Growing up in the Philippines, I was surrounded with many so called "gay" or "transvestite" - I have...
Posted by Tony Astro on Friday, June 26, 2015

0 Comments